Monday 12 June 2017

***Spotlight*** Hell Yeah!: The Song Of Her Sighs by Lana K. Dempsey

      Hell Yeah!: The Song Of Her Sighs
                                        https://amzn.com/B01K5YZJFQ
Sex, Secrets, and Second Chances… 

Rodney Regent works hard running the family ranch, and it shows in every rock-hard muscle on his body. Known for his jaw-dropping smile, he has captured the hearts of women, young and old, 
all over the small Texas town he calls home. Rodney is single and loving it, until he sees a photograph that grabs his heart and won’t let go. As his luck would have it, the one woman he has always wanted is engaged to someone else. No matter how hard he tries, he can’t forget her. 
Then the news comes that Joseph and Cady McCoy will visit Regent Ranch. The change they bring with them includes more than just Cady’s magic touch, it brings the woman of Rodney's dreams to his doorstep.



EXCERPT

Lola Maie woke to Rodney moving fast out of bed. “Get dressed. Someone’s outside.” His voice was low and firm. It was no doubt a command, which she followed immediately trusting him completely.
A multitude of lights moved across the long windows lining his bedroom. People were outside. A lot of them. 
Then she heard it.
It was a low thumping, something she felt in her sternum before it registered in her ears. Lola Maie’s eyes went wide as she recognized the rapidly growing sound of a helicopter.
Rodney pulled on a pair of jeans laying over chair. In the moving shadows of flashlights racing back and forth, he looked enormous. His broad shoulders, silhouetted against the shocking white of the helicopters eye, seemed six feet wide. Rushing toward her, he all but lifted her off her feet, tucking the bed sheet around her as he swept her towards a small door. “I want you to get in this closet and lock the door. It’s a panic room. Under the carpet in the left corner is everything you’ll need. You don’t open this door until I tell you and not before.”
Lola Maie just stared at him.
“You hear me? Promise me. Right now, say it!”
“I promise.” She breathed.
Then he shoved her inside and slammed the door. “I want to hear it click Lola Maie!” He yelled through the metal door. The command in his voice brooked no argument and with a shaking hand she reached out and turned the deadbolt. After such a warm night of intimacy, having the cold hard door between them felt deeply wrong.
“Good. Now wait for me, baby. I’ll be back”
Lola Maie’s heart squeezed listening as the thunder of his steps became more and more faint as he ran. Until finally there was silence. It was the worst sound she’d ever heard.

                                            About Lana K. Dempsey
I'm Lana, a life-long Texan, dog lover, and writer of sensual romance. When I say 'sensual romance' I mean I include real life in my stories, and real life includes sex.
I divide my time between Austin Texas and a small family ranch not far from Shiner. Shiner is the home of Shiner beer; I've been known to stop off at their tasting room before rolling up my sleeves to get to work on the ranch. Like many Texans I've got a bit of everything in me, German, Native American, and some Creole influence. Nothing like a little spice to liven things up.
Writing is much like reading, I need to feel the story in the same way a reader would. I adore leading men who are strong, but aren't afraid to love. My goal is to fall in love as I write, it's the only way my reader will as well.
Come with me and get to know a hot cowboy or two. It'll be fun!

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Lana-K.-Dempsey/e/B01DWSO7LO/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

No comments:

Post a Comment