Sunday 8 May 2016

Review for Sex Addict by Brooke Blaine and Ella Frank: ★★★

Sex AddictSex Addict by Brooke Blaine

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

Actually rating 3.5 stars
.

Evan James has been dealt a bad hand in his early years and later develops an addiction to sex. An addiction that like most, is ruining his life. No job and fast running out of money, all he think about is his next fix.

With an itch to scratch, Evan finds himself in the company of a beautiful blonde who he takes home and spends the night with. Although neither of them do repeats, this blonde wiggles her way under his skin and he finds himself unable to stop thinking about her or find his release without her in his thoughts and Evan quickly realizes his life is fast approaching rock bottom.
Relief comes in the form of a new job prospect but little does he know that Reagan his new boss, is actually the feisty blonde he hasn't been able to shake from his thoughts.

They are both harboring deep secret that could ultimately destroy them but can they conquer these deep secrets before they consume them?

So initially the blurb and the title pulled me and I was looking forward to diving in but I quickly found it wasn't what I had expected. I was expecting a story about a guy's down spiral into addiction and what I got was so much.

There were some bits that I loved and some bits, not so much.

The writing style of this author duo was fluid and consistent and I feel they captured the subject of addiction really well but with it I was expecting something darker, although this story does contain some disturbing scenes and I mean disturbing but I liked them. It just added to the plausibility of this story line. It just shows you the levels of depravity addicts will sink to in order to chase their next fix.

However I found I just couldn't connect with the characters. Something I couldn't quite put my finger on unfortunately but in the story they worked really well together, complimenting each other in and out of the bedroom in this steamy romance.

Over all it was a good read but it didn't captivate me like I hoped it would.

It is a standalone novel, so if you're looking for a steamy romance as opposed to a dark romance, I would recommend this novel to you.




Blurb
Fantasies - we all have them. 
For some it’s their dream job; others want the wedding, the 2.5 kids, the white picket fence. 
My fantasies are a bit more...depraved. 
Dark and sinful, they have destroyed relationships and my livelihood, yet I still submit to them like a slave. 

Sex. 

For most, it’s a natural expression of love, caring, or lust. 
But there are those of us who can’t stop once we’ve had a taste. 
Those of us who don’t want to. 
And the shame of that never-ending cycle will eat us alive... 

My name is Evan James, and I am a sex addict. 


Buy It Now:

Amazon UK | Amazon US

No comments:

Post a Comment